wedding

wedding

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

There You Are!

Today we saw the first picture of what will be our baby - meaning, we couldn't see the little bug itself, but saw the sac that it's being created in. It was like a little dark pea right in the middle. She pointed out the "yolk" and the "donut" and said the lining looked beautiful, my numbers are beautiful, and the growth looks great. I teared up and started to feel my first real attachment to THIS baby, not just the idea of a baby-to-come. It was an amazing moment, looking at it together, knowing it was in there safe and sound. Getting all these early sonograms is an up side to our involvement with a fertility clinic!

Two weeks til the heartbeat. The six days between our scare and today felt sooo long, but I have a feeling this next two weeks is going to be even worse! My best friend gave me a book called Fearless Pregnancy that has a doctor and a midwife break down the irrationality behind a lot of warnings well-meaning people and books will give you. One of the things discussed is the three-month-wait and how actually it should be like a seven-week-wait because once you hear the heartbeat, you have less than a 2% chance of miscarrying. That is very reassuring, but also makes me super eager to get to that point! This feels like such a fragile two weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment