wedding

wedding

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

The Waiting Game

We are soooo impatient!!!

The first couple of days after IUI, I was flipping-out excited pretty much nonstop, thinking of what was potentially happening in my body. I was so in awe of even the possibility of it. Then for a good portion of one day, I wasn't even thinking about it, and when I did, I flipped out even more at the idea that I had been just going about my daily life as if everything was normal when in reality EVERYTHING MIGHT BE DIFFERENT.

We research incessantly for any possible indicators. I push on my breasts several times a day to see if they're sore, but they're only sore because I keep pushing on them. I want to notice something, anything, to give me hope, even though I know realistically that it's way too early for any symptoms.

It's all we can talk about. We have other conversation for a bit, but it inevitably ends or is interrupted by "what ifs" and hopes and doubts.

Eight more days til my blood pregnancy test. Six more days until we can take an early-indicator home pregnancy test with any accuracy. I'm trying to make myself enjoy the process, even the antsy-ness, because if it takes us months to conceive, the excited nerves could turn to anxious, frustrated, fearful nerves after a couple of failed cycles. I'm trying to appreciate the anticipation and the closeness it has brought us as we dream together. But, please, please, please, can it be next Wednesday already???

No comments:

Post a Comment