wedding

wedding

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Spoiler Alert: Negative

Receiving the call was not a total surprise, but was still disappointing. How can you miss something that was never there? Nicole and I sulked a little but then were just eager for me to get my period so we can start again. We went out to dinner as planned, and it was really nice. Nicole’s sister had given her a gift certificate for her birthday last month for the local Italian restaurant that we LOVE right across the street from us. I suggested using it to go out and celebrate if we learned we were pregnant, and Nicole said she thought we should go no matter what. That way we wouldn’t feel extra punished after already receiving difficult news, and it would be something we could look forward to no matter what. I’m so glad she said that, and it actually ended up feeling like the start of a new beginning, looking forward to the next cycle and the next attempt.
And in the meantime, I’m going to enjoy a few things that I couldn’t while possibly being pregnant:

--a frozen Coke (check! Nicole brought me one when she picked me up from the train yesterday)

--a Frappucino on Friday morning

--a pedicure (Nicole didn’t want me going into a nail salon where there are strong vapors)


Those will be my three indulgences, and then we will get back on the horse.

No comments:

Post a Comment